Skip to main content

The choice is Yours

Referring to conversation with a friend who said to me, "I am bound to a person to act this certain way in a situation and I feel as though I have no control or power."

When someone tells you what to do, do you feel that you must do it? Do you ask yourself these questions?... why am I asked to do this...what is the benefit if I do it...what happens if I don't do what I am asked to do...Is it worth it?

In every situation, we have a choice to obey or not to obey. No matter who it is that is asking  or demanding and no matter who you are to them, the choice is yours(in captain planet voice). You see even if the choice is whether to eat or not, whether to obey a teacher, a parent, or an employer we have a choice. It is up to us if we want the consequences of our choice positive or negative. If we choose the negative response, then we must be also willing to accept the results of that decision just as much as if we had made the positive decision and are willing to receive the positive results of it.
This is where we take responsibility for our actions. Yes, that is also a large part of adulting.(No these are not curse words).
From beginning of time, there has always been 1 thing that was decided for us. When and how we may have influence in, but even that is not entirely ours to choose. We do not have a choice as to whether or not we die. Eventually we will die. It is inevitable, it will happen and it begins the moment we are born.

We can choose who we choose to obey but it really comes down to a choice between 2 opposing forces. Good or evil. We can choose to do good with each decision we make or we can choose to do bad with each decision. We begin to learn these things as a child and they are reinforced and applied in different ways to our lives during the adulting process.
Whenever and however we learn the skill of decision making we base our decisions on the principle of our beliefs and values. They will set the standard for our decisions and therefore our future.
So where do we get values and beliefs from? We have 2 ways to get them internal and externally. Internal beliefs come from our emotions, intuition(sub-conscious), and from our own experiences. Our external beliefs come from others that influence our lives like those in authority, how we observe situations or logic, and science like factual information or data. We will take these into account when we consider options to make a decision for our response.
Truly this happens in a split second, but we use a repeated series of tools when we make these decisions. It eventually becomes habitual and we can just keep responding the same way. If we get in a hurry we can make a decision out of habit and not think it through. Once it is made and we act on it, it is usually too late to retract it. This may be the time we discover the error of our decision. Therefore, especially with our larger decisions, it is imperative that we value the importance of the decision and act after considering the options carefully.
Do we always make decisions carefully and therefore the correct decisions? I don't believe a single person can say that they have made every decision in there life the perfect one.
Our Father has created a specific provision for when this happens. It comes for no reason. It is a gift and not earned. Given freely not in limited proportion nor to a certain person or group. It is more powerful than any obstruction that may attempt to block it,
other than your will. You can choose not to accept if you wish. Lives have been given just so it can be protected and active. The Bible calls it charis or "Grace". It begins when we end. The grace of God is unlimited and always available for us to give to others as well as for us to receive. Yet another gift from Heaven that is beyond our human intellect. The choice to receive Grace is available for the times when we fail in our efforts and trust that God will give us His provision for our humanness. In short to come in and make up the difference. We go to God to ask His plan for each decision we make in our lives and then we act accordingly. Sometimes our intentions are great, but we miss it still and miss God. God does not judge us for it and condemn us.  He lets us invite Him into the situation and redeems even our foolishness and folly.Like a parent He loves to care for, teach, and strengthen us as we walk this walk called life.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Fights to Destroy!!

                                                              Fight what you can't see. Do you ever feel like you are having to fight something you don't see to make things happen? Do you seem to have a struggle of some kind each time you attempt to progress your life forward or to follow the things of God?  You know the world around you doesn't always want you to succeed. There are many different challenges we face whose purpose is to prevent us from knowing who we are and to keep us from finding what our skills are. There are so many different things that present themselves to us that would like to be "the real thing". The thing that is "truth" and that we can say "hey this is what I base my principles and life on as guidelines to set the standard for my values and decisions, and it is right." When we look at the options, we can get so confused and discouraged and not know what is true and what is not. We could spend a lifetime

How Super is Super-Man

Super-Man has so much trouble with his decisions. He had no Alfred or Jarvis, but he sometimes listened to Batman or his current sidekick. His sidekicks were temporary, and he usually turns away those that offer to help him on a long-term basis. Except for his dog, Krypto. He acts like he needs only himself but comes up short each time. Lois Lane has him wrapped around her finger, so he does crazy stuff for her that benefits only her and gets others killed or injured. He does not think clearly when it comes to her. Superman needs a consistent friend that can be there and put up with his foolishness and pride. Even more than the Justice League. He has them trying to help him figure out this human thing. He had an identity crisis for most of his life. Sound familiar? We as earthlings find ourselves dealing with this as well. The world is constantly telling us who we are or whom we are supposed to be. The Holy Spirit is the Word of God. He is alive and will speak to us to tell u

Here I am waiting for you.

From Gods heart to His children...  I love you and I always look forward to our times together.  I love to hear your heart and to hear what you have to say.  You know, when you share your heart with me you invite me into your situations.  I would never try to take over or force you to do my will. It's always your choice. I want you to want me, to want to love me, to want to be friends. I know that things are not always easy, but that's why I'm here if you ask me I can help you. I want to. I made you to need me. I love you and I know what you can do. I know what you are made of, what your skills and your potential are. You may not know, but I know you can reach it. I have no doubt. Here I am waiting for you to come and spend some time with me. I know life gets in the way sometimes, but please prioritize me into your life. I miss my time with you. I love to fellowship with you. When we Fellowship together you are growing changing and overcoming the thing